Who'd of thought this delicious Aussie icon recipe could be made even better. Just wait until you have tried our version with honey instead of golden syrup.
150g plain flour
100g rolled oats
85g shredded coconut
100g brown sugar
4 tbsp honey
1 tbsp water
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
PREP TIME - 15 minutes
COOKING TIME - 15 minutes
MAKES - 12 biscuits
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C and line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
2. Combine flour, oats, coconut and brown sugar in a bowl.
3. In a small saucepan, stir the butter, water and honey over a low heat until melted then add the bicarbonate soda until the mixture froths.
4. Add the frothy honey mixture to the dried ingredients, adding extra honey (if too dry) or extra oats (if too moist) until you get a sticky batter.
5. Plop tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared trays and shape and flatten into discs (will be a sticky job!). Make sure each biscuit is about 5cm apart as they will spread a bit.
6. Bake for 15minutes until golden. Set aside to cool on the trays for at least 10minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
7. Enjoy! Best served with a piping hot cup of tea or coffee.