There is no sugar insight in this recipe, just the natural sugars of bananas and honey.
285g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/2 tsp salt
110g butter, room temperature
130g honey (runny or crystallised)
2 free range eggs
6 - 8 bananas (a little older is great)
1 tsp vanilla extract
PREP TIME - 30 minutes
COOKING TIME - 30 - 60 minutes
MAKES - one loaf
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Cream the butter and honey together until light and fluffy
3. Squish the bananas between your fingers and add them to the butter and honey mix with the eggs, milk and vanilla extract
4. Sift in the flour, bicarbonate soda and salt into the wet mixture
5. Grease / line a 20 cm x 12.5 cm loaf tin and pour the cake mixture into the tin
6. Transfer to the oven and bake for about 45 - 60 minutes or until well-risen and golden-brown
7. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for few minutes then turn out to cool completely.
8. Enjoy topped with butter or honey.