Dairy-free Banana Bread
Love our original banana bread recipe but can't eat Dairy? Try this delicious alternative!
⅓ cup melted coconut oil
½ cup honey
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large bananas)
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 ¾ cups wholemeal flour
chopped walnuts or pecans or fresh banana slices
PREP TIME - 10 minutes
COOKING TIME - 55 minutes
MAKES - one loaf
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C and grease and line a loaf tin.
2. Cream together with electric beaters the oil and honey then add the eggs, mashed banana and water.
3. Mix in the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, Using the electric beaters again, mix for 2-3 minutes or until combined.
4. Sift in the flower and gently mix in.
5. Pour the battter into your prepared tin and top with any of the optional toppings. We love walnuts and banana slices to pretty up to loaf!
6. Pop in the preheated oven and bake for 55 minutes, checking at the 40minute mark and keeping a keen eye after that.