PREP TIME - 10 minutes
COOKING TIME - 45 minutes
MAKES - one cake
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Combine the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Add to the try mixture the melted butter, honey, vanilla essence, eggs and milk.
4. Beat well with an electric beater until combined.
5. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes, or until a skewer poked into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
6. Once the cake is removed from the oven and is cooling, prepare the icing. We chose a traditional butter cream but a royal icing or similar would also be good for this cake.
7. To make the icing: beat the butter and icing sugar together untill smooth and well combined. Add milk to loosen as required, continuing to beat whilst adding the milk.
8. Once the cake it completely cooled, top with the butter cream icing.
PS - if anyone finds a brilliant honey- based, no-sugar icing recipe - let us know (email@example.com)! We would love to try it and make this recipe completely sugar free.