Honey Soy Chicken Wings
Finger-licking good honey and soy chicken wings. Amazing on their own or with asian veg and rice.
600g chicken wings
2 T honey
3cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 garlic clove
1 1/2t chinese five spice
2t soy sauce
1/2t grated orange zest
1T sesame oil
PREP TIME - 2hrs or overnight (marinating)
COOKING TIME - 30 - 50 minutes
MAKES - 4 serves
1. Mix together all of the ingredients (apart from the chicken).
2. Pour the marinade over the chicken wings and leave to marinade for at least 2 hours or overnight.
3. Once it has marinated, preheat the oven to 200 C and place each wing on a baking tray in the preheated oven. Reserve the extra marinade for basting
4. Cook for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with the left over marinade.
5. Serve when chicken is cooked and skin is sticky and golden. Best dished up with rice and asian vegetables.